Monday, June 27, 2005

Simplicity

Solo training again today and I got to train early as well. That is always a big thrill for me as I normally have to train after a full days work, pretty beat up. Training first thing is the best. I make my best gains if I get to train first. You give it your freshest energy and first priority.

I have to learn to experiment and play again in the gym, against the backdrop of simple exercises and a linear progression! LOL!! Two fish in opposite directions, thats me.
My snatch form has to reflect that. My DARCs are so good I need to get that into the snatch pull.

one arm swing warmup: committed to FULLY warming up before pushing it, no matter HOW long it takes..

36x12+12x3

snatch( ALL sets start with right arm)
36x8+8x2
36x12+12
44x6+6

53x6+6 using a steve cotter style hip throw it off then overhead in vertical pull
53x8+8 ragged, trying to hold static at top on right arm.
53x10+10 better push hips back AS I flip the wrist.keep bell in CLOSE on descent.
53x12+12
havent done THIS in awhile. its tough! snatches are tough!its not a swing and its MORE than a swing. the shoulder stability thing is huge.
72 reps

53x6+6
53x7+7
53x8+8
42 reps

total=114 got to keep track of volume again.training really is, as Louie says, math and physics. Oh, and Will.

one arm swing
53x10+10
72x8+8x3 this was stronger but still feeling formidable. Have to get stronger! more intention!work towards some numbers.

one kb front squat
53x5+5x3
72x3+3x2 not bad at all! stronger and deeper than last time I did them.

great workout. Simplicity is great. Simple and hard.

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...