Friday, August 19, 2005

H2H

this workout has changed now that mike and I arent training in the park. I'm back at stone, training solo and H2H aint cutting it. Fridays are always hard as I am tired and beat up from the week and need a simple and quantifyable goal . Cant think or coordinate as well fridays.

so this is the last week fo h2h on fridays for awhile.

around body pass
26x30
x40
x50 this is a great warmup

alternate each set with one foot stands on Bosu:

these seem to work better if I do a step up right into the one foot stand and try to hold that.strange. ALso, just like standing and squatting on the stability ball if I look down a bit my balance is much better. sets my hips back todays work was much stronger than lately. took a few days off balance work, legs were heavy and tight.


undergrip flips
26x20x2
36x10x2 lots of biceps loading on these

swing flip snatch
26x10+10
36x10+10x2 not into h2h right now,they're ok.

( still alternating bosu stands each set. lots of volume- can feel calf releasing a bit)

Jerks

this was a shock. I decided to do something very simple and now I have the shoulder ROM they are not painful. Before they would rack my shoulders and neck for days. the handstands have helped too.

(2) 36'sx10x6 sets really working on form and using my legs. interesting. would have done 10 but still did the h2h stuff.
this will be great if I can do double 53's .

handstands
MADE THE FIRST ATTEMPT! yes! then made the next seven!

seven handstand each held 7-8 seconds yes.

alternate handstands with Bola snaps, alternating each side 20-30 each side.

Half pullups

well well well. I did some scapula retractions last week and started doing the same and the next thing ya know...... it had turned into an easy half pullup. I think I am going be able to do pullups and climb ropes again, just like the handstands!

5x5-6 hangs felt good too.



farmers walk 53#
left hand low carry one lap
right arm hi rack one lap
left hand low carry one lap
right arm hi rack one lap

corrective exercise for left leg and hip/right erector and right lat.

alternate with 4 more handstands outside.

excellent workout. short and sweet too.

No comments:

225 x SO CLOSE, 220 x 1 ( 34th) 205 x 1 x 5, laterals rear delts wt pushups

 This was GREAT! So close on the two plate and wanted to take it again. But I took 220 instead and came  up with one of my all time bests wi...