Saturday, August 27, 2005

Swings presses and lunges

I am getting to love the pure simplicty of saturdays workouts. Two hands swings have always been my least favorite kb movement for the sheer fact that I was terrible at them. By not trying to do a zillion reps each set I have focused on technique, strength and power and they are actually getting good. Watching Mike swing on video has really helped as I can really exactly how it is supposed to be done. Boy is seriously strong.

Two hand swings
36x15
44x10
53x10
72x10x15 sets. Much more leisurely pace than I wanted. BOys were talking too much and I was too lazy to push myself. good volume though and the rest periods werent that bad.

150 reps. Going back to the two pood was a good idea. Maybe I will cycle two pood, bulldog and the bands on either 1.5, two pood or the bulldog.

two kb mil press
Thinking of this as a handstand pushups. elbows in and close overhead position. felt great.

36'sx10
44x8
53'sx5x4 sets
44x8

these feel very good.right shoulder almost feels normal.

kb lunge Hi rack position
36x8+8
53x8+8
72x6+6
x8+8x2

hi rack has actually gotten easier than low now. back to the low rack it seems.

Bosu low box squatjust did these like a close stance low box squat without the rock back for the abs. much better4x8 bodyweight: these are really opening up!3x8 with 26 pounds on chest. the weight makes it much easier. Pistols here I come!Bosu low box squatjust did these like a close stance low box squat without the rock back for the abs. much better4x8 bodyweight: these are really opening up!3x8 with 26 pounds on chest. the weight makes it much easier. Pistols here I come!

datsit. not bad after yesterdays workout.

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...