Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Windmills and DARCs

Man there is a down side to everything. I slept really well last night, which means I didnt toss and turn;basically slept in the same position. slept well but when I woke up my trap was locked and my calf/hamstrings was locked as well.
plus I am trying to get off the prescription voltaren for my arthritic knee and switch to just aspirin. always a little delayed pain from switching meds and lots more spasm. Lovely morning.Lots of stretching though.

Windmills
26x5+5
36x5+5 bout time to add a second windmill day in
44x5+5 bracing the left elbows against my knee helps initiate the rotation on this side. Like an old schoolers bent press technique
53x5+5x4 sets. each set got better. the overhead is really stabilizing now.

DARC's
53x20
72x40 was thinking for a moment at taking a stap at 100 but it was a rough morning
72x50
72x40
72x50 UGH that was a puker. Man there is a BIG difference between 5 sets fo 20-30 and one set of 100. big big difference.

BOSU STEP UPS supersetted each set of darcs

this should be my repetition max day, using DARC swings as the test. much better than the snatch as you can really push yourself with virtually no risk of injury. and you have to let go each rep so you can drop a bell if you lose concentration. Eric Heiden would have loved kettlebells.

saturdays swings should be high power inteval work( kb version of wsb speed day). I'm starting to think the snatch should be to get the weight overhead for windmills and the work stuff mainly swings ;]


Bosu Pistols

man I simply cannot believe how well these are going and strong they are making my legs. and my knees are tolerating it because I have so much more ROM than before. AND foot strength from the BOSU.

4 sets of 4 each!!!


Handstands

5 handstands each held 5-6 seconds. Got all but one on first attempt. getting better.

No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...