Saturday, October 29, 2005

A good one.

woke up with no ill effects from yesterdays deadlifting adventure. excellent.played around with a new decent technique for the kettlebell snatch. A modified GS style descent. I've always thought if I could get the same leg and bellposition for the snatch that I get for the clean and the darcs then I would have a much stronger "jump" position.

Problem is that doing a hardstyle, over the top, descent doesnt get close to that position, it bends me over at the hips much more.SOOOOO.... I lowered to my shoulder and THEN down (without it touching the shoulder) and voila! there it was. It worked great with the 16 kb, monday we'll try the 20kg. This could be a huge technique breakthrough for me.

snatches( 5min ss test style)
26x10+10
36x10+10x4 or so. just playing around and warming up but it felt very interesting.know more monday.

Overhead swings
36x10
44x10
53x10x10 sets this is a great move for me. the same path my snatch takes as well.Its a very natual "jump" position for me. and very consistent. The two pood is next.

one kb press
36x5/5
44x5/5
53x5/5x5 no problem. the two pood is soon here too.

depth squat
53x10
72x10
88x10
x10
x8
x8
this has helped my hip flexibility already.I am standing on 13" boxes and I am lower than last time. excellent.

Handstands
5 ten second HS

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...