Monday, October 10, 2005

Mo Snatches

Decided to do some more snatches today.Friday was great, so nice to be able to do this again. arm was fine afterwards.I love my kettlebells.

Snatch
26x10+10x2
36x10=10x2 a very simple technique. mainly a straight arm swing and let the bell slide over the wrist.
44x5+5x4 sets. no problem. I will be able to snatch the 24 kb no doubt

DARCS
44x30x2 first time since the tear easy
53x20x2 same as the first sets.

Bosu Pistols( assist on the power rack)
4x6 ea.
focused on the negative and really getting deep.. have to keep the weight over the instep as well as the outer edge on left leg to get more ROM. almost parallel on left and right in below

handstand pushups

4sets of 4. these were the lowest I have gotten yet, perhaps 3 inches from touching top of head. feels very easy.

pullups to chin
5x5 so glad I can do these again.

training time about one hour.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice work on the handstand pushups and the pullups...looks like you are really getting back into a groove.

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Rekx, glad to hear you are back in NOLA,hope things clean up fast. the hs pushups are coming along very quickly. I should be touching in the next few weeks.

Unknown said...

As they say in New Orleans, "Mo Snatches is Mo Betta" - but I live in Galveston,TX - I was in NOLA for business.

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...