Saturday, October 01, 2005

new goals and mindset.

I never accomplished the 100 Darcs with the 53 or the 72. Now, after reading Nate Morrisons article stating that military should be able to do 100 swings with the 53 and special ops guys should be able to do the same with the 72 I decided to set those as new goals.

Swings are my weakest movement(especially two handed) and I suck at reps. This will be a good, safe challenge. To do so I have to rethink my mental approach. I have been thinking in terms of a high level of strength AND decent work capacity. More like a power builder.This goal will have me thinking of myself more as a miler.

The 1oo reps should take about 3 minutes or so. A bit fast for a mile or even 1500 but in the same energy systems. One day will be the swing equivilant of intervals doing one third of the reps( 30 ) per set. this is similar to milers doing quarter mile intervals as their "strength" work.This will be mondays.

Wednesdays will be clean, squat and presses, the swing equivilant to hill work Lower reps and more resistance.

Saturdays will be hundred rep sets,trying to work up to 3 sets of 100 with the 53. I did these in preparationf or the RKC. I want to get them strongly this time,not just survive them. I wills tart slowly and build up.

todays workout:

two hand swings
36x20x2
44x17
53x18

72x20x10 sets. Used the hinge at the hip style and it worked very well. Its ugly but it works for me.
88x10x5 sets
these were okay but not much umph left.

pushdowns
4x15 eh.

kb lunges

36x10+10
53x10+10x3 sets. want to ramp these reps up to 15-20 per leg too.

dats it. short and sweet.

bw161
bf 10%

2 comments:

Unknown said...

very nice goal, Rif...looking forward to watching the journey.

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Rex. this will be tough for me, working my weakest movement and my toughest energy system. should get me leaner and better conditioned with no stresson the biceps. we'll see. thanks again

rif

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...