Monday, October 03, 2005

quarters with kbs

my first workout with this new miler mindset. very, very different from my usual max effort for everything approach. Had to pace myself and not go 100% on each rep, or even try to. Stayed around 70-75% effort. Tried to relax and let the kb arc determine the groove. Just Make the freaking reps first, then go hard. think quarter mile repeats.

I tried to "feel" where I was the most efficient.It aint a pretty swing, let me tell you that, but none of my athletic forms have ever been "conventional". oh well at least I am consistent.

two hand swings

36x20x2
44x17

53x30x7 sets

210 reps /11,130 pounds

Bosu Pistols
3x5+5 left knee is TIGHT today

floor pistols
3x5+5

first attempts ever on a floor pistol! very very happy. holding onto the cage( and Joe) for balance.

Handstands
3 handstands 8 sec each

handstand pushups
3 sets of 3-4 half reps each!

these were VERY easy and I could have gone done much further but wanted to play it safe on my shoulder/bicep, just in case. strength and balance were great!felt like the old days., I will be able to do full handstand pushups again.


pullups

five sets of five; strong/nose to bar.

Stretching

hams, calves and abs- twenty minutes of waiting out the tension in straddle sits, pike sits, l sitsprone cobras, downward dog, hanging from power rack and thumper massage.

stretching out for real immediately after the workout is proving to be the key way to minimise post workout soreness, stiffening and spasm.All I need is Lance Armstrongs' massuese to get my legs nice and supple instead of these blocks of wood.

this will become a constant in the program design from now on. Got to get my splits back as well.

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...