Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I had forgotten

just how freaking hard kettlebell snatches are . I am sore all over in places I havent been in weeks. wow, I knew I was going to be sore but not this much. and its not like I havent been training either. Just not snatches and not with the 53. and things are just settling in. tomorrow should be fun too.

I am way out of shape for ballistics.AND I was in pretty amazing shape at the time of the RKC. Work capacity was off the hook. Its amazing what you can do when you are really motivated. Havent made up my mind yet about the ol boot. back feel oks and hips really feel worked so it should be a good thing. Will see tomorrow.

4 comments:

Tim Dymmel said...

Hey Rif,

OL Boot? Are you referring to Olympic lifting shoes with a heel? What are your thoughts on them? I have some and have done swings, etc. in them and barefoot. What effect does the heel have on the mechanics?

Later, Tim

Mark Reifkind said...

hey tim,

yes an ol shoe. check my post on revolution fitness board.

http://www.revolutionlajolla.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

rif

Tim Dymmel said...

Good thoughts.

What do you think about DL'ing with the ol shoes? I think I was doing Clean pulls with about 345 at the end of workouts for singles and triples when I was doing it a lot.

I'd love to DL with y'all on 12/3 if that's still cool.

Tim

Mark Reifkind said...

I was just thinking about that. If it gets my hips in a better position then that should really help the dl as well. I've done it before and it was good,although I was doing more clean grip dl style and now I think I will just use a powerlift style while wearing the shoe. will see this sat,.

yeah dec 3 works. we have nicks meet on dec 10 so it will be an easy workout for him.You should also consider coming down one sat in dec when geoff neupert comes down.he's in town from back east. supposedly a big time personal trainer and ex ol lifter.should be fun,have a good turkey day.

rif

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...