Thursday, November 10, 2005

Power squats and reverse grip benches

power squat( medium wide stance, wrestling shoes, hi bar,belt)
barx5x2
67x3
95x3
117x3 these are feeling great! I am sitting back into the squat like I never have.Trying to keep the knees upright as I squat down, then back into the hip.
135x3
157x3
183x3 wow. getting warm and feeling better
205x3 a little slow but ok
183x3
157x3
135x3 paused. interesting. we'll see tomorrow how much I pay.

Reverse grip bench
I knew regular benching wasnt going to work too well with my shoulder so I tried reverse grips. I competed with this in the early ninties. works great for me raw,scares the crap outa me in a shirt. great for the triceps which in me have dissapeared.
barx5
67x5
88x5
117x5x5 sets. this took awhile to groove. my shoulders were all over the place BUT what a short stroke and no shoulder rotation. we'll see here too.

db bench
30x10x4 these felt great.tris were cooking if you can beleive that! I am so weak in some ways its pathetic.

pushdowns
db curls
db kickbacks
cable curls sets of 10 til pumped. wierd to train like this again but my body knows this so well its scary.

db laterals 4x12

feel good now.

2 comments:

Tim Dymmel said...

Rif,

If nothing else, you can take joy in the fact that you provide some entertainment to me. To see you change routines, approaches, goals so often I get dizzy.

At the same time, I think it says something cool for the Bells that you're able to do a million different things well despite not training them in a long time.

Finally, take heart my friend. Your new goals and purpose are just around the corner. If you persevere and go through it and not try to go around the troubled times, you'll find it's waiting for you on the other side. Then all the work, frustration, confusion will all make sense and you'll be thankful for the trouble.

Dymmel

Mark Reifkind said...

If you think you're dizzy imagine how I feel! Life was so much simpler before. for many many years. but this is how things were after I got out of gymnastics, in the best shape of my life and no sport to compete in. I went back and forth between endurance events and bodybuilding quite a few times.

It sucks getting old dude, as their is no silver lining, nor other side.Its just hanging on now and fighting the good fight as long as I can.

glad to be of some entertainment too!

rif

seems your training is going well.good to see. and yes the bells have transformed me it just seems it is not enough.

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...