Thursday, November 10, 2005

Power Squats.

Hello. My name is Mark Reifkind and I am a Powerliftaholic.Did the first barbell squats I've done in over a year.And it was great fun. Made me feel like myself again: strong.

I just have no direction with my training right now, other than just showing up and hitting something hard. THis is very hard for me as I have trained for competition each year for the last 34 years. I dont know how to train unless I am going for a specific goal. And it seems that pushing too hard is what gets me injured but man just exercising and not training is killing me.

I think.Until of course I push too hard and am lying on the bathroom floor with my back out wishing I could stand without pain and not giving a damn about how much I could power squat. With no training partner except for Nikko once a week I have to figure some things out.

The kettlebells have really strengthened and balanced me in a way I couldn't have imagined. the swings the thing, thats for sure as my squats were some of the best form I have ever done, even though I had to use a pretty high bar rack position to accomodate my shoulder.

If I could survive this I would have to really maintain focus on full joint flexibility as I am doing now.I have to get on the floor and stretch ALOT. All the injured areas. I am also really light now, 160, and I'm sure that helps too but I would like to be bigger and so would my wife!LOL!! great.

" those arms," she said yesterday "used to be so big!" Man. That hurts.

We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...