Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Tough workout

and not in the pr way. Not enough sleep last night and although I felt great all during work I just was stiff and sore all workout. cold and damp now outside as well. did my best and took extra warmup sets. I dont know how these guys do max effort stuff without warming up. I would blow apart my joints in a heartbeat.

Windmills
ah , My favorite.
18x5/5x2-3 sets of 3 right side is horribly tight. the hip wont set, the back wont rotate and the shoulder wont stay down. fun....
36x4/4x 3 sets. third set was starting to get down. I wonder if greasing the groove would help on this? probably kill me.
44x4/4x2 finally getting rotated. Kept reading on my chalk board : a STRENGTH IS A SKILL.
I need constant reminder of what I am supposed to do.

DARCS
started flat footed and immediately put the heel back on. much easier to arch my lower back.
44x20
53x20
72x20 these all felt rickety and still. was very careful and not very explosive. held form though.
44x30
53x30
72x30 this was some work.pathetic.
44x40 actually this felt fluid. I am slow to warm, being a fish and all.It is much harder to get back my previous strength endurance levels than I thought. Course I aint that motivated and that makes a big difference.

Put up new poster of Capt Kirk squatting 804 with just a belt. Mutant.

Side press
44/5/5 yeaow. tight
44x5/5
53x4/4
53x5/5 better. reallly have to focus on rooting the opposite side glute and heel ane and same side lat and leaning into it BEFORE I start to press. I have to lean in. right arm left leg is critical

actually this could be the corrective exercise combo:
right arm side press( works weaker left leg/hip and right lat and arm stability overhead)
left arm overhead windmill ( works weaker left hip and stabilizes left shoulder overhead)

the right arm overhead windmill always feels bad and the left arm press is too easy. plus neck is usually messed up for days afterward on right arm windmills.

farmers walk
one arm with 72 two laps: ugh. this is not good

two 53 kbs 5 laps. much better. this exercise is one of my favorites now. I really feel it transfers directly to my walking in life.

have to think about this.

datsit.

Oh and we were named in City Sports Best of 2005 issue as the recommended kb studio in the bay area. Nice.

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...