Saturday, August 19, 2006

Snatch Day.

Slept well last night for the first time all week. Good timing. SI is fine and back to my old tried and proven snatch technique. No more messing around.

Snatch

36x5/5/5/5x2
44x5/5

53x5/5
x6/6
x7/7 for four rounds = 144
53x5/5/5/5/5/5/5= 30
x5/5

total reps= 184.
total tonnage= 9752- need to get up over 10,000 regularly.

these were EASY,even though I was stiff and tight. When I finally got warmed up, just in time for the last round, I decided to try transfers and it worked great. 30 reps on one turn at the end and it was simple.Legs and hips were tiring faster than arms/shoulders which is what I wanted.
definitely have to play with this more. Snatches took about 45 minutes as there were four of us. I snuck in double sets occasionally but it was a steady but slow place. Lots of power though!

Sets of 8,9 and 10 will give me 270 reps for five rounds! 4 rounds will still give me 216. 300 might be the next new high level mark.

halos
12 kg x8/8 x 4 sets

2 kb deads
2/62's x 8 x 3 sets( I was done).

bw163
bf 11.1 %!!!

must be chunking up. sucks too cuase I'm eating cleaner than normal. hate that..

datsit,staying loose.

4 comments:

Ken Black said...

Nice work Rif. Glad the SI is fine.
Looks like Nick's training is going well. How often/much do you use the chains?

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks ken. I have him use the chains when he does the box squat section of the cycle. it's four weeks long.and he squats once a week.he would also use them on bench speed day but his shoulder is messed up right now and he's doing rehab and triceps;

Pete said...

Glad you are back to your regular strong self, Rif. What is your average rest time in between snatch sets?

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Pete. Usually about 1 minute to 1.5 minutes. the problem is the extra partners on saturdays, it slows me down a bit. I try to go after each other guy goes but sometimes I can't jumpin when I want. It's slower but I get more power on each set. I make it up on wednesdays when I train alone.

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...