Saturday, December 16, 2006

200 Hi pulls in ten minutes with Steve Cotter.

Got the chance to assist Steve Cotter in his workshop today in San Carlos. Tracy took part and a good time was had by all.Steve asked me to take the group through a Rifstonian ROP Hi pull ladder and since I had not trained yet that day I decided to lead from the front and participate.

Most of you know my fondness for warming up so having to jump into a pr test with no warmup after standing around for six hours was not what I had expected but you gotta CowboyUp when the situation demands it. When Steve decided to be my partner for the test I really knew I was in for it as Steve can set a fast pace. And since its "I go, you go" for the whole ten minutes I knew I was gonna hurt.

But it went great.

snatch hi pulls/24 kg
10/10
12/12
14/14
16/16
18/18
20/20

and for the last set of
10/10 I Snatched the weight!'

200 reps /10,600 lbs.

Don't know the exact time but we were definitely under ten minutes.Steve was blasting out his sets with his newly honed gs style so he was moving!

Also hadn't eaten anything all day and had no problem. THe warrior diet works great! Plus PLENTY of Farmers walks of all kinds at the start, in the middle and at the end of the day as well as numerous swings ,hi pulls and snatches throughout the day just to keep warm!

4 comments:

Pete said...

Simply Amazing Rif.

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Pete, he pulled it on me at the very last minute, just when I was getting ready to leave!Adrenalin and peer pressure is a great thing.

Franz Snideman said...

WOW! I would have liked to see you guys doing that workout in front of the class.

Sounds like you guys had a great time and put on a killer workshop!

So you're getting a new tatoo?

Mark Reifkind said...

yes franz I am getting a tattoo on my shoulder centered around the kb. this is going be a very interesing tat. should have the first week of January for the 4th anniversary of Girya.

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...