Saturday, February 10, 2007

Hardstyle by Shawn Michaels

This is beautiful description of Hardstyle training by Shawn Michaels over at Dragon Door.



To each his own. Hardstyle is the way I want to train because From: Shawn M Subject: FitnessDate/Time 2007-02-09 17:24:53Remote IP: 76.172.1.229
Message

economizing energy, finding the technique that requires the least effort and staying relaxed is something I like to do when I ride my bicycle, not when I try to dominate some chunks of iron.

I want to throw them through the roof and rip the handles off. When I am done I am ready to face the day as calm citizen. The satisfaction of giving 100% on a snatch with an 88 or 106 and feeling every muscle explode and having to pull the bell down because it is going so fast, that it Kettlebell for me.

Finding the zone and breathing through a long set while trying to "just make it" is not for me. When I tried that training, I did not look forward to training, and found myself turning off the speedmetal and putting on some techno music.

Ugh. Kettlebells are the antidote to the domesticated controlled, calm, conservative person.

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...