Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Speed swings.


Today was one of those very challenging days. Woke up blah and it just kept up all day. I think part of it was being flat from actually using my CNS a bit on Monday with the 72 lber,lol. Not used to that.Nothing hurt though and that is very good. Shoulder still in place;it certainly gets tight but opens right up with a bit of bodywork and stretching.

Took awhile to warm up but after that it was solid.The 20 kg is perfect for this day. Saturday is moderately heavy and technical. Monday is simple and heavy and Wednesday is assist work and speed with lighter bells.

One arm swings
16kgx5/5/5/5 x2

20kgx10/10x13 sets
260 reps
11,440 lbs

this went very very well. Light enough to concetrate on form and speed. I can pull the bell down right from the start and accentuate the stretch reflex with this bell.After reading the study on HIIT I have lost all interest in doing high rep sets;instead moderate to low reps with shorter rests and higher force. THis is what I have been doing but now I feel vindicated ,lol :))
I can also tell the time spent of the one arm swing force is paying off big time for my snatch as that is how I am snatching now.Just like swinging around the high bar.Straight arm swing snatch.

Snatch holds
16kgx45 sec x4 sets each arm

Rack Walks, 16 kg
400 ft per arm per set
1600 total feet.

this was TOUGH, arm was buring at the end.longest single walks I've done.knee was good. gait solid.My rest periods get progressively shorter the longer I train. Weird but it's always been this way. Takes me forever to warm up.

BW 162
BF 8.6% ( fatty!)
water 61% ( man I drank TONS today, too.)

datsit , gotta stretch.

4 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Have you thought of joint weight watchers, you fatso?

just kidding?

8% bodyfat last time I checked wasn't too fat.

Nice workout!

I can relate to you on how the CNS get drained from lifting heavier, especially if you haven't done it for a while.

Geoff Neupert said...

Feeling a lil' CNS drained myself today--no sleep for 3 nights due to allergies/sinus infection + some moderately heavy lifting yesterday + some I-Phase drills = feeling wiped. Gotta listen to the body.

What was your rest between sets of snatches?

Mark Reifkind said...

geoff, on saturday? Probably 1.5-2 minutes. I alternate with another guy snatching and nick squatting.I am getting very recovered betweens ets and I can be more exposive for more sets this way.
I go faster on Monday and wednesday.

Royce said...

nice one bro, especially the walks.

I missed Sat and Mon because of the damn flu, but I'm doing a RoP light day tonight. I'm itching for it man, it surprised me how bad I hated missing those 2 days.

Peace man!!

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...