Monday, March 26, 2007

The Warrior Diet rocks.

It's days like this that I really appreciate the ability to NOT eat and still be strong. After finishing work and getting out of my passive warmup bath I got a call from Tracy that she had been hit and the car was wrecked! Thank God she is ok but it took more than a few hours to unravel things, get the car to the body shop and get home.
I hadn't eaten anything since yesterday night at 7 pm and it was a perfect excuse to skip the workout and just start eating and relaxing.It was 4 pm and I usually train at 1 or so. Since it was light DARCS I figured I would just get started and see what happened.

PRs happened baby!

DARCS
16 kg x
40 reps
60
100 !!! pr
30
40
50

320 reps
11,500 lbs

was going to do 80 on the next set after the 60 but figured if I didnt go then I probably wouldnt talk myself back into it. No problem. Groove was solid and wind very good. This is an all time pr as even when Mike C was training me for my first cert 2 years ago I never made all 100 without stopping.Legs feel fine from Saturday.

Rack walks
16 kg x
600 feet per lap( 300 feet per arm)
3 laps= 1800 feet

then
400 feet per lap x 2 laps= 800 feet

total= 2200 feet. PR

this is a good endurance day.

Face pulls
4x10 heavy

BW 162
BF 8.0 back in the 8's!
water 61.6%

finally got those grains out of the system it seems. that and LOTS of psyllium :))

11 comments:

Royce said...

Dude, I'm glad Tracy is ok. Sorry to hear that. The car can be replaced, the wife........not so much.

Congrats on the pr too. you keep it up and you will give tracy a run for her money in the swing dept.

Unknown said...

Yikes.

Glad to hear that noone was hurt - and that you keep getting stronger!

Mark Reifkind said...

royce,

yeah, hear that. no way will I give her a run for swing volume. I MIGHT be able to do it but i have absolutely NO desire to do it. too many reps,lol!

thanks samuel, luckily they all were going very slow.

Geoff Neupert said...

Glad Tracy's OK. 100 reps in one set? How do you maintain concentration to count that high?

Franz Snideman said...

Car accidents are serious! Thank God Tracy is Okay.

Rob O'Brien said...

Mark,

Thankfully Tracy is OK!

Glad things are going well for you on the diet. I tried the Warrior Diet and it was not for me but I am glad it is working for you. I have have good sucess with the Anabolic Diet and have followed it on and off for 3 years. Just shows you everything works if it fits your individual needs.

Cheers,
Rob

Mark Reifkind said...

geoff,

thanks man, she is ok. remember I used to run, cycle and swim for hours; I do well with monotomy if the load is light enough.

Pete said...

Hi Rif,

I am glad to hear that Tracy is fine. That's a call no one wants to get about their loved one.

Taikei Matsushita said...

Lets all be careful with automobiles. Glad no one's hurt.

I took a portion out from Warrior's Diet and began to choose what I eat. Been eating lots of lettuce and tomato for past half year. Used to weigh 205 lbs, now it's 187.

Chris said...

...what they all said - glad you are all ok.

Ken Black said...

Sorry to hear that Rif Glad that Tracy is okay.

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...