Saturday, March 17, 2007

Where have all the bloggers gone?

Man, I hope people are better about their training than they are about posting about it.So many blog teases out there, lol! I may be a bit obsessive about my blogging but I have to say I am a bit dissapointed when I consistently go to peoples blogs hoping for updates, insights and bits of wisdom and find nothing!
I have always viewed my blog as my online training log,which I have kept in paper form for most of my training years. The discipline of putting pen to paper and the sets and reps of the day down was always crucial in my post workout analysis of my training and whether or not I was on track for my goals and deadlines. Seeing what you did or did not do in your workout always has had a sobering effect on me.
It was also my place to play out my training ideas and concepts and "try them on for size".
Now that I am not competing anymore it is even more important that I keep track of what I am doing so that I do not backslide into mediocrity any faster than is necessary! As anyone who knows me or has read my articles or posts knows that consistency of effort has always been the most important training concept to me. I have beat most of my competitors just by wearing them down and outlasting them in the gym as much as any other technique.
Even the wrong thing done over time will yield better results than the"right" thing done for a short while and then neglected. Exercises X Sets X Reps X TIME is the real formula to me.

C'mon bloggers, sack up and write your stuff down! Doesnt have to be long or involved but it's really hard to discern patterns if you don't consistently write down what you're doing!
Or, maybe the pattern is already right there?

7 comments:

Taikei Matsushita said...

Thanks for looking after my blog Rif. Mine is recorded after every workout, except martial art activities aren't there.

Tim Dymmel said...

Rif,

Sorry for the lag. I'm newly updated and will try to get a bit more regular. Guess I need more fiber. LOL.

Dymmel

P.S. Nice photo... thanks for the props.

Anonymous said...

Kinda throwing down the gauntlet eh Riff. I'm glad you blog, I enjoy your insighte and traing systems.

Royce said...

There have been a few times when I have gotten home from school after 10, made the kids a snack and got them settled in bed and then studied. I seriously didn't feel like working out especially, the swings. The only thing that made me do it is the fact I didn't want to blog that I failed, funny huh.......

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks guys, just trying to stimulate some interest... I love reading what other people are doing on their training journey. its a big part of getting and keeping me inspired and motivated in my own training.
Dymmel, get some pyscillium dude and write,lol!

Mike glad you are enjoying it and yes, the gauntlet is thrown.

Royce you are are of the best in keeping your training updated and although I dont always comment I always read your stuff.
I know you have a lot on your plate.

Mark Reifkind said...

takei,
hope your shoulder is feeling better, trying NOT going SO heavy all time.let it rest a bit eh. You also are one the most consistent bloggers and your committment always inspires me!

Royce said...

Cool man, hey I'm approaching 3 months with no missed workouts ( except the 2 times with the flu) feels really really good too.

Like you I don't always comment but I always read your blog.
Peace bro.

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...