Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The mother of all thumpers.




After spending hundreds of dollars on percussion massagers that I have continued to break I decided to step up to a medical grade model with a real motor. Just got this thing and it is amazing!
You don't have to push with it and, in fact, if you do it works less well. It creates tons of blood flow,heat in the area and the tight muscle literally melts out of spasm. Insane.My clients went nuts.
Trigger points that with just a bit of thump pressure were painfull could take the full weight of the thumper with no pain at all. And this baby really hums along.Testing the old one side by side the equalizer pro seemed to be vibrating in slow motion.

http://www.promedproducts.com/s.nl/it.A/id.2272/.f

3 comments:

Chris said...

Wow.

I've been off most training for a couple of weeks after a couple of nasty spasms. The therapist who is working on me said that it is in the iliocostalis - a muscle that she'd rarely seen people with problems in before.

Mind you - if I saw her coming at me with one of those I think I'd be out the door.

I still think there is a lot of sarno in it for me - We were out in the hills on Saturday and at one point - while pretty relaed and happy - I noticed the spasm and pain melt for a while....only to return.

Mark Reifkind said...

chris,

the G5 is ALOT less painfull than my other, traditional thumpers as the vibrational rate is so much higher you dont need to apply almost any pressure.dont be afraid :))
also remember,that where the pain is is rarely where the problem is ,in my experience.

Christine said...

Now we're talkin! I am a huge believer in betting bodywork done!

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...