Friday, June 08, 2007

a good day

Its the end of a very long very good day at the RKC and I am very happy with how well my knee has held up this time. I have made some very different adjustments to my stance and mechanics and it has been very successful in keeping the pain down and the knee bending as well as it has in a long time.
for instance even though I have been standing and walking on it since 7 am and its now 11pm minnesota time I havent even had to use the g5 thumper to calm down spams and the knee feels pretty decent!

It probably doesnt look much differnet to those who obseve my gait but it sure does feel different and I will take that!
I have a great group of trainees and I really enjoy this very different teaching process more each time I come out here.
I spend so much time doing one on one training that being able to work with groups and teach in front of large groups is very exciting.
I teach the snatch tomorrow,not today and that is fine.I gave my lecture on 'what is the RKC'and it was very well received. One of my favorite topics!
dats all for now, time to get some rest.

6 comments:

MikeC in NZ RKC said...

Hey Rif

My mate Paul W is at the RKC so I'll be following your blog posts

Cheers Mike

BJ Bliffert said...

Stay loose Mark. Do you find being bare foot helps with your knee?

It seems flat soled shoes or bare foot is bet for keeping my hip happy and therefore my shoulders as well.

Give my best to everybody.

Oh, and in response to your comment on my blog, you're not too old...I hear what you and Tracy are playin' in th background!

Royce said...

Glad your knee is holding up man
:-)

Mark Reifkind said...

mike,
I will make sure to find him tommorow to say hi.thanks for stopping by.

Mark Reifkind said...

staying loose bj. this has been the best cert so far for my knees. I've been barefoot all weekend and it's worked great.flip flops and barefeet although itd taken me forever to get the dirt off my feet from the field,lol.

and yes there is always metal in our gym but old man metal,lol.

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks royce, its been much better than expected.

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...