Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The next step off a peak.

I knew I was going to pay for Mondays little andrenaline/cns push. I was wiped all day today( delayed onset CNS burnout?). Not injured, not sore, just FLAT. Slept ok but dragged through the day. Then Joe had to cancel and it was solo time. Arggh. One arm swings with the 24 were on the menu and I needed a 20 minute power nap to get my burnt ass in the gym.It's amazing what 20 minutes in a good alpha state can do, though.

I expected the bell to feel heavy but it didnt and my groove was instantly there; which suprised me.I guess 350 snatches will grease the groove.
I knew I need to do something different on each set; 10 sets of 10/10 wasnt going to cut it but I needed to go slowly today.

One arm swings
16 kg x10/10x1

24 kgx
10/10
12/12
14/14
16/16
18/18
20/20
10/10/5/5
10/10/5/5
10/10/5/5
10/10/5/5

300 swings
25 minutes
15,900 pounds

Did the first 180 swings in 10 minutes then slowed down.Was taking a minute inbetween sets til I realized I was pushing it too hard and went to 1.5 -2 minutes rest. Not bad but I was pretty flat after the first 200.
I was suprised though at my wind; I guess all that Max Vo2 work is paying off. I have never done that ladder so easily, from a cardio perspective! Plus the groove was so good. Just like Louie says, if you learn to move a light weight very fast and explosive, when you put a heavier weight on the bar you will move that fast too.
If all you ever do is move weight slowly you will never learn to be fast nor be as strong as you could be. Force is always Mass x ACCELERATION.
Max Vo2 day is very much like squat and bench speed day for me. Love it.

Farmers walk, one 16 kg
1200 continuous feet, switching hand ever 200 feet.
Rack walk
300 foot laps x2

1800 feet total

Stick squat pattern work
Double mini band scapula pulls
Stick slides
Rifga floor work

20 minutes. I really needed this stuff too. A good ending to the workout.Gotta eat more too.

BW 160.4
BF 9.3%
Water 60.2%

Datsit,staying loose.

6 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

You definitely pushed it Rif! But hey, that is what champion athletes do from time to time. If you never push the envelope you never know where you are or where you can be.

Charles Poliquin years ago wrote about the CNS cell vs the muscle cell and how it takes 6 to 7 times longer for the CNS cell to recover than the muscle cell.

Nervous system recover just takes time off, period!

food fo

Mark Reifkind said...

yeah franz, thats why i like to stick to a plan and not get goaded into contests like Tracy pushed for last time,lol.
but hey,the alternative was unacceptable.I'm fine.just need more food and more rest.

Kettlebell Lady said...

Where can I find info on the Max Vo2? I'm not familiar with it.
Thanks!

Aaron Friday said...

Sweet workout on an ass-dragging day. Super turnaround.

Mark Reifkind said...

kettlebell lady,

do a search on dragon door for kenneth jays posts.

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks aaron, it was a tough one.

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...