Saturday, July 07, 2007

Snatchorama


My name is Mark Reifkind and I am a snatchaholic. I have hard time accepting the idea that I can't figure out a way to train the snatch without it upsetting my 'delicate' right shoulder. What I've realized,though, is that my shoulder can get upset without snatching. Swinging, demo'ing light exercises or just sleeping can get it in a cranky mood. SO as my demented, twisted and crazy mindset tells me I might as well get it upset snatching some decent weight as well as getting it tweaked sleeping too heavy.
Plus, when I follow my instinct, and not my desire to do things "right" it usually goes well. today was one of those days.

Snatch
16kgx5/5x2
20 kgx5/5

24kgx5/5 x8 sets
80 reps
4240 pounds.

these went great. If I keep a fast pace and do a real swing snatch instead of an OL style, vertical snatch my biceps shuts up and the shoulder stays in the socket. Lots of fun. The MVo2 workout helped my confidence with it as well. I want to maintain the ability to do 100 plus snatches with the 24 kg at any time so I know I can pass my snatch test whenever I want to. Plus they are so much damn fun!

One arm swings
32 kg
8/8
9/9
10/10 x 3 rounds
162 reps
11,664 pounds

these got better every set. this is starting to feel light, that is way cool.

Snatch Holds
24 kg x60 sec x 2

this was solid as well. Had to leave early, have a rare saturday client at Girya.
Not a bad start to the day.

datsit.Lots more demos to follow :))

11 comments:

Unknown said...

You sir, are my inspiration. I love your passion.

Jim Ryan said...

Ditto Tim!

Nice work, Rif! I don't know anyone else who makes hard work seem like so much fun!

Mark Reifkind said...

Thank you much, both of you!All my life my motto has been" you may have more talent than me, but you won't outwork me!" I just wait 'em out,lol.
Aki,
being able to train hard IS fun. After having so much taken away from me I truly beleive that.Our bodies are gifts from God and not to use them is a sin, in my book.
I am just happy I can do so much again.

Royce said...

Very very nice Rif. Snatching is so much fun. In a "gasping for air cursing your mom for ever having you" kinda way :-)

Aaron Friday said...

Sounds fun, especially in this friggin' heat!

Taikei Matsushita said...

I thought this picture came out from one of those human anatomy books.
You can show your client which muscles to recruit by just taking your shirt off?

Fireman Tom said...

Rif,

have you tried turning your hand in slightly (at lockout) so that it more of a 45 degree angle (instead of straight forward). This may help with your shoulder.

JMO,

Tom

Mark Reifkind said...

tom,

I do that when I do my snatch holds( on my right arm). doesnt work well with my HS over the top snatch technique during sets. I have to corkscrew it up. Only is a problem with the right shoulder.

Mark Reifkind said...

takei,
lol, thanks man.

Guarden said...

hahahahah..
fantastic start, and I could not agree more.
Remember, it is better to be dead and cool, than alive and uncool :-D
Grrrr, and nice snatchperformance.
You just get one of the best total body workouts ever by snatching the HellBell.
Awesome dude...

hou said...

I thought this picture came out from one of those human anatomy books.
meizu mx5 review
meizu m2 review
meizu mx5 price

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...