Monday, September 03, 2007

Stick a fork in me

I'm done. I guess the 400 swings on saturday took a bit more out of me than I thought. Add on 350 snatches in 25 mintues and the goose is cooked. Perfect timing as the rest of the week is a taper for the long weekend to come.
My work capacity felt good but my speed was off, particularly in the later sets. Heartrate peaked at 185 on the last sets and was between 155 and 173 for most of the sets up to 40.After 40 it spiked. Wind was fine and the hands held up good, too.
I've found that for trying to move so fast for so many sets I can't use too much chalk. Plus its hot as hell and I sweat like a freakin pig.Chalk cakes up and hands tear.It's such a light weight that it doesnt matter. Encourages me to spin the hand around the bell and not overgrip.
No warmup at all,lol just dive in. Takes about 20 sets to even feel warm now.My cue for flat feet continues to work like a charm and I hit the same place each rep.This groove is what I've been waiting for.
When I get back from the cert will start Kenneths original protocol: 36 sec on 36 sec off for 20 sets. I figure I will do 16 reps per 36 sec work bout. The gymboss will definitely come in handy on this one!

16 kg Snatch
15 sec on 15 sec off for 50 sets
350 snatches
12,600 lbs.
25 minutes
max heartate 185


Sets 20-23. Not bad at this point, it gets slow at the end, lol.
My arms are just really cooked now, from the combo of the big swing workout on saturday and all these snatches today. a good cooked, but definitely the limiting factor.
The last five sets. Kid Rock ROcks!

Tracy of course, barely had a 150 HR. We need to up her reps.
rack walk
16 kg
200 foot laps
1200 feet
rest 60 sec
600 feet
1800 feet total

I am done.back to the garage for stretching

rifga floor work( down dog, up dog,horse stance, sumo squat stretch,karate stance lunge stretch, rear heel down)
stick slides
stick shoulder extensions
stick squats, close stance
scap pulls

bw 160.8
bf 9.3%
water 60.4%

Here'some video of the stick slide and the scap pullaparts. Someone emailed a request for a video description so here it is. I love these things, they have really helped my shoulder.



datsit, gotta stretch!

4 comments:

Aaron Friday said...

Excellent. Thank's Mark.

Mark Reifkind said...

you're welcome aaron, hope they help.

Shaf said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shaf said...

Nice vids Rif

My intrawebs is acting goofy, thus the deleted comment. Nothing negative.

225 x SO CLOSE, 220 x 1 ( 34th) 205 x 1 x 5, laterals rear delts wt pushups

 This was GREAT! So close on the two plate and wanted to take it again. But I took 220 instead and came  up with one of my all time bests wi...