Wednesday, November 21, 2007

snatch day

As I wrote the other day, it's always the days I feel like shit that the workout seems to go well. After getting the shoulder calmed down yesterday I slept on it weird and it felt "nervey" during work. Started off with a solid 20 min of Z and floor work, which helped, but never really got it all worked out. Sometimes its the workout that screws things back on correctly and this was one of those days. 20 kg snatch day SSST style rep scheme.

One arm torch swing warmup
10#x10 each side x3 (no choke)
this really helps open up the shoulder and get external rotation going again. need to use this more often just therapeutically.

Snatch
12kgx5/5/5/5
16kgx5/5/5/5x3

20 kg
8/8/8/8 x6 sets
192 reps
8448 lbs

This felt really good and I had a solid lockout as well as pace.Groove was good too and was getting a good layback at the start, keeping the bell in close on descent.Kept having to stop myself from sprinting.The 20 kg is a great weight for me.


Barbarian flag casts
10x10
15#x8/8

Shield casts
10#x8 each side x 4sets

bw 159.6
bf 9%
h20 60.5%

datsit. more z and floor work later.Happy Thanksgiving day to all! I have so much to be thankful for I can't believe it! This has been the best year of many good years and it just looks to be getting even better all the time.We are truly Blessed.As are we all.

5 comments:

Royce said...

Happy Thanksgiving man.

Unknown said...

Have a great Thanksgiving Rif.

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks guys and the same to you and yours!

Geoff Neupert said...

Funny, the same load that hurts you is the same load that can heal you.

Happy Thanksgiving buddy. You're a blessing. I couldn't have done it without you.

Mark Reifkind said...

Happy Thanksgiving Geoff and thanks.
I just have to keep the absolute weight down and I think I'll be fine.24 kg only overhead.

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...