Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas day CB PR's!

Normally don't train on tuesdays but normally I dont have the whole day off either so I decided to test my 10lb clubbells swipes and mills and see if I could hit the century mark.

2 10lb CB Swipes
150 reps in 8 min 10 seconds. PR and first time to 100 consecutive reps.

This was great and not too hard, really.Was shooting from 130 reps and could have done 200 no problem had I also not been planning on doing mills as well. No chalk, no warmup,no rest between reps. solo.

1 /10lb CB Mills
100 reps each arm PR

also no warmup.This was much tougher than the swipes but I got it done. Left arm was suprisingly tougher than right arm. Opposite of snatches.No resting on either arm and second arm was done right after right. Very pleased with this.

Now I've earned my food today.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Thats what I am talking about!

Hey man that 25 is nice. The mills open up my back and shoulder. I think you will really dig having the extra weight drop you in to position. i hit a few sets at zero choke today, i will accredit my next few big bends to using these things daily. You have no choice to but to get some strong wrists

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks man.it wasnt as bad as I thought it might be and know i have to get on it now for the swipes with the 15's. nice 500 lb dl btw and way to hit your goal before the end of the year!and yea,it is making the wrists pretty strong( and bigger!)

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...