Sunday, February 24, 2008

Thanks Doc Cheng

Doc Cheng and I at last weeks cert.

Dr. Mark Cheng, RKC Team Leader, Chinese medicine Dr extraordinaire,devoted Martial Artist and KB fanatic and a truly great guy has some very nice things to say about yours truly and my DVD on his blog KBs Los Angeles. It has been such and honor to work with this guy for the last two years and to have him help me with the team last weekend at the San Jose Cert was perfect.Truly a man of honor and respect it is always a pleasure to spend time with him and learn from him.
His team of RKC candidates, of which I had two members, were perfectly prepared for the rigors of the weekend and one of them Grace Chiplinsky, passed her snatch test on her first arm effortlessly! He is truly an RKC of note and doing big things building the momentum for the RKC down in Santa Monica. The August cert, at UCLA and the first ever Southern California cert will have his fingerprints all over it I'm sure. Which is a great thing.

Thanks again for the props Doc and see you soon!

Grace and Diane Lee from KBLA ( forefront) along with Team Rif members Steve Pavlet and James Christopher. A great time was had by all.

4 comments:

Kenneth Jay said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Can't wait to go to the UCLA cert! it will be my first time on the west coast...

how did your workshop go?

Mark Reifkind said...

kenneth,

we did man, and the weather helped out immensely. It could have been like today, cold and rainy :((
The workshop turned out great; about 30 trainers who never really had any instruction in real kettlebell training.
Let me just say it was an eye opener for them, as even the littlest amount of work with proper technique was challenging in a way they didnt expect.so glad you're coming out to the ucla cert, it'll be great.

Unknown said...

Kenneth & Rif, it'll be GREAT to have you guys in my hometown! :)

When all's said & done, we'll have to hit up a Korean BBQ joint that I took Pavel to. If you guys like meat, you'll think I took you to heaven.

Countdown to August!

Mark Reifkind said...

a great time will be had by all. and I love BBQ!see you soon man. I wearing the KBLA shirt to work as we speak.love it.

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...