Saturday, May 24, 2008

Snatch volume pr.

Pr's have been scarce around Stones Gym lately so it was nice to pull one, albeit a small one, out today. Especially in the 24 kg snatch. Was 'scheduled' to use the 20 kg today for ssst rep training but just wasn't in the mood for that particular type of torture. Want to get my weight back up a bit too and I figured heavier would be a bit better.

Snatch
16 kg x5/5/5/5x2
20 kg x5/5x2

24kgx5/5/5/5x10
x5/5
210 reps PR
11,130 pounds


set # five
Used a combination hardstyle breathing and ascent with a bit of corckscrew on the descent for the first 100 reps then went to complete HS descent for the rest of the workout.Starting to feel like I can snatch the 24 as fast as I can the 16! Which is PRECISELY the purpose of doing 'speed' or dynamic effort training with compensatory acceleration.
Practice putting maximum force ont he bar with a lighter weight( more power) and when the actual bell( or bar) weight is heavier you will STILL put maximum force on the bar or bell.

H2H transfers
20 kg x 50
x 50

One arm CB shield cast
20/20 x 3 sets

It doesnt look like much when I write it down but it certainly kicked my butt around today.

Datsit!

7 comments:

Cecilia Tom said...

Nice one! You can count out loud and breathe hardstyle at the same time?

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks cecilia,

I never count out loud, thats my training partner counting for me. I can't even count in my head when I lift,lol.

Aaron Friday said...

That's a nice PR. Great job!

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks aaron, not a big one but even the little ones move things forward.

Authentic Strength Training said...

I Don't know if I can train with clubbells. Seriously, I may just break from the workout and begin my primal assault on all fleshy humans. It looks so motivating to be out there with the club, just casting and milling. Dude I am trying to rid the aggro thoughts but I want to Smash!

W2

Mark Reifkind said...

I know what you mean W2.The thing that keeps your sane is the beating the clubs will give your elbows and shoulders if you get too crazy.always fun to visualize smashing something though :))

Franz Snideman said...

That's alot of volume with the 24kg's Rif, SWEEEEEET!

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...