Tuesday, July 01, 2008

AM swings

I actually got my act together and into the studio extra early to do my light swings. and light they were but hey, better than nothing. I will be back on track starting tomorrow with max vo2 and a WHOLE new respect for what is possible there. Kenneth told us all about how probable Olympic Medalist wrestler he is training( Mark O. Madsen) did EIGHTY SETS OF EIGHT REPS WITH THE 24 KG bell in the 15:15 protocol.DAMN!
I was just gearing up for the 60 sets finish line when KJ PULLS the finish line out a HUGE way.Course Ihave no illusions to that level of work with the 24 kg.
Yet.
He says 20 full minutes of work with 110-120% of Max Vo2 is the key to optimal cardio level so there ya go.
But I will do it with the 16 and then get up to sets of 7 with the 20kg. I also want to do SOME training with the 24 kg,even if only for 5 rep sets (although I actually think I can do 6's) as part of the mix in a few months. who knows?

5:30 am H2H transfers

12 kg x 50 x 2 sets
16kgx30x2 sets
20kg x20 x2 sets
24 kg x20 x 2 sets

nothing at all but enough to get some blood into my hips back and legs and remind them of what is coming tomorrow. I chose transfers as I think of then as my 'leg' exercise.good stuff

Z drills throughout morning. had planned on bikram today but it is not to be so perhaps thursdays. I want to do 2-3 days a week but am not going to get all OCD about it.One thing like that's enough. Sundays will be easy but life gets in the way occasionally. Thats what so great about the kb- don't have to drive anywhere to get a serious workout and it can be done in ten minutes no problem
datsit.

6 comments:

Gabi said...

I remember Kenneth's remark he made at the end of our 30 rounds of 15:15: "If you can do 80 rounds of this, you are ready for the next size bell." - Now all vain hope has to dissipate that it was meant as a joke :)

Mark Reifkind said...

yeah, I thought he was kidding too last year. now I know different. oh well. lots of work to do.see you soon.

Gabi said...

I've just checked the video on Tracy's blog. Crazy strong stuff. The details are not really clear to me but I'm starting to believe I should have those 80 sets in before I start messing with the new one at all...

Mark Reifkind said...

exactly gabi,we'll talk more at the ck fms

Gabi said...

I'm looking forward so much.

Anonymous said...

情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,飛機杯,自慰套,自慰套,自慰套,自慰器,充氣娃娃,AV,按摩棒,電動按摩棒,情趣按摩棒,按摩棒,跳蛋,跳蛋,跳蛋,男女,潤滑液,SM,情趣內衣,內衣,性感內衣,角色扮演,角色扮演服,吊帶襪,丁字褲

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...