Sunday, August 24, 2008

10,000 Snatches


I noticed yesterday as I posted my snatch numbers on the snatch manager calculator that I had surpassed 10,000 snatches since I started keeping track of the on this board in late March. Now I am nowhere near the top of the list in points,; but I don't really care about the different points assigned to each kettlebell weight- what really matters to me is how many total snatches I do and when I reach the original goal of the snatch race:50,000 snatches.
Things have certainly changed dramatically in my training since Kenneth introduced the Max vo2 training at the Level 2 cert two Junes ago and this has made all the difference in my training.

Having the permission to go light has allowed me to go heavy again( relative for me) and has completely changed my body and my work capacity.Since I achieved 10,000 snatches in 6 months I should hit my goal of 50,000 in 24 months. AS I said earlier, I don't care if I win any race I just care that I accomplish my goal.
I feel so blessed and lucky that I can even pursue this.As the song says, 'you don't know what you got til it's gone'. I know what I've got cause I lost it and I know the importance of the 'little things' that, in reality, are not little at all.

No comments:

Thursday Ruck

 Decent one.  Legs feeling heavy and tired but lungs and head good 45 lbs 6 laps 3 miles 60 min 175.2