Thursday, May 27, 2010

Clean, Press, Snatch.




This is turning out to be a great exercise sequence for me and one of my favorite training days. I've switched my diet around 180 degrees and am now eating during the mornings and have my biggest meal of the day around lunch. Kind of the Warrior Diet in reverse and what it means is that when I get to this workout the gas tank is full.

I got so used to training in a fasting state that I forgot how good it feels to go into a workout feeling"full" and strong. Although I , as usual, had no real idea how I would feel when it came time to train today. Started out feeling really energized and strong at 6am yet by 10 am I was feeling fairly bogged down and 'losing it' a bit.

And yet, as Tracy told me I would, I had a killer workout and was ready to take 'grab it' as Grace layed it down before me today.

I like starting out with cleans as it warms me up without tiring me out, and lets me go at least as heavy, or heavier , than I plan to press that day. I do low rep, loaded cleans and really get things "set" in preparation for the next exercise, presses. It also gives me feedback as to how strong I am that day.

And today I was strong. Scarily strong. Strong like I haven't felt in a long, long time. When heavy( for me , usually) feels very light I am happy and that's what the cleans felt like

One KB Cleans

16 kg x5/5
20kg/5/5
24 kg x4/4
28 kg x3/3
32 kg x3/3
36 kg x2/2
36 kg x3/3

man this felt so light in my hands I couldn't believe it.

Short Cycle Clean and Press
16 kg x5/5
20 kg x4/4
24 kg x 3/3
28 kg x2/2 x5 sets

man these felt light and strong too! Three rep sets of fours would have moved just as fast. Plus, I could have easily done 5 more sets. Nice. Most of my focus today was on form, not just "pushing" through a heavy weight. Haven't felt this with the 28kg in long time.

Snatch
20 kg x5/5

24 kg x5/5 x 5 sets
50 reps

wow, these felt awesome as well. Could have done 4-5 more sets but today was actually supposed to be some kind of step back. Groove, power, wind strength, everything felt great.

I was talking to Tracy about her taking the snatch test at her Level 2 cert in July and she said she can pass it anytime, I told her I wished I could,lol. Then, during these sets I told her" if I felt like this at the test I could pass it easy". And that's true. My teshnik feels very solid. POwer good Morning style.


Clubbell Shield cast
10 lbs x 10/10 x2
15 lbs x5/5
x 6/6
x 8/8
x 10/10


these were solid as well. Great training day!

datsit




No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...