Saturday, November 27, 2010

Snatch ladder



Wanted to get back to more than 3 sets of 10 with the 24 kg this week but wasn't sure how I was going to do it. I had ladders on my mind since I live with the Queen of Ladders and thought that might be the good way to go.

Just wasn't sure how I would climb.As always I never really know what the load or the volume are going to be until after the warmup and I didn't sleep well at all two nights ago and feel like I am fighting off getting sick.The fast transition to cold grey and rainy didn't help me getting any warmer or looser any time faster. Make sure eat extra of my super foods: onions, garlic, spinach and raw honey. These have a very positive effect on my immune system and recovery ability no doubt.

Pre training baths are also back in the mix.The Russians call it a passive warmup and usually they use a sauna but I don't have one and the bath is great.The key is to keep it short( 5-10 min tops) or it will relax you too much and you won't feel like training. The other key is to get it done right before the active warmup starts which works great when I train at home but not so good at girya.
No worries I got there extra early to fully stretch out first.

Snatch

16 kg x5/5 x2
20 kg x5/5
x6/6
x7/7
24 kg x5/5
x6/6
x7/7
x8/8 x 2 rounds
104 reps with the 24 kg
36 reps with the 20 kg

140 total snatches

these went great and the weight felt light and moved fast.Next time do all three ladders with the 24. I think 8's are the top of my rep scheme for awhile as I can still accelerate the weight well and my still stay in the groove. The ladders provide a great fatigue sparing effect.

One arm swings
24 kg x5/5
28 kg x5/5
32 kg x5/5 x 3 sets

wanted to do some heavier one arms today after Wednesdays great swing session with the 24 kg. One arms just really agree with me and I'm motivated again to push these numbers and weights up.I"ll put two arms back in in a bit but again with lower volume and heavier weight as well. Hardstyle.

I was surprised these went so well, in that the weight felt very light in my hands and on my body. Speed and height of swing( chin) was good and easy.Got caught off balance on the first transfer with the 32 and I wasn't quite in perfect position to tame the arc of this big bell. It's been awhile since I did anything heavier than the 24 kg.
Lesson learned.

Two hand Clubbell Shield cast/barbarian press

20 lb x5/5
25 lb x5/5 x 3 sets

these were just fun and very strong. havent' done the barbarian press( think a standing bench press) in eons and my elbow lock was best it's been. all the flexibility work is definitely paying off.

Those who say people don't need to stretch are very young and or uninjured. Stretching out fully,regularly is helping me immeasurably.

datsit :))


No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...