Saturday, December 11, 2010

24kg Snatch Ladders

My wife is not only the Queen of the KB swing, she is also the Queen of Ladders and I guess that has rubbed off on me.Now , I've done ladders for years since I discovered them from Pavel(" climb to the top, then jump down to the bottom and start over") in Enter the Kettlebell; and before that, ladders of a sort in bodybuilding and powerlifting ( basically just climbing up to the top and then climbing back down) or what we called a pyramid,either half( just up) or full up then down.


Ladders are a fatigue sparing technique,and allow you do to more work with less overall fatigue,just what I need lately to build my volume back up. We had the honor of having Ken Froese, RKC come and train with Nick and I today and Ken is one strong dude. I only have one Bulldog( 44 kg) bell at Girya so Ken brought his own today for his double press workout.

I had thought about doing another press workout to get in the feel of the day but decided I have to keep Rob O'Brien from overtaking my position on the snatch board so snatches it was. What I was hoping for was that Ken's serious strength and attitude would have a motivating and fatigue sparing effect in itself on Nick and I, and I was right.

It had a great effect on Nick and he did his snatch ladders with the 32 kg and even did a pr set of 5/5 with the 36 kg bell! Nick wondered why even though their was three of us alternating instead of the usual two we were moving faster,lol.

It was just good energy and with Tracy solidly into the second hour of her 3.5 hour training/teaching session the energy was just great all over Girya!


warmup:

one arm swings
16kg x5/5/5/5 x3

Snatch ladders
16 kg x5/5x2
20 kg x5/5
x7/7
x9/9
42 snatches

24 kg x5/5
x6/6
x7/7 x 3 rounds
108 snatches

150 total snatches


actually thought they would add up to more but I just went how I felt.My new form felt solid and I was very happy not to have almost any DOMS from Thursdays swing training. That was unexpected
heres a video of the last set of sevens on the third round


And here's Ken working the Bulldogs hard. I love this video because Ken, after doing 6 sets of double presses decides to attempt a double rep on the 7th set. Now that's the training spirit, AND although he didn't make the second rep he misses it, as Pavel says, like a professional, never losing his groove or altering his position.


Ken reminds me of the pro wrestler Triple H and he's just as big.



Two Hand Clubbell arm casts

15 lb x10/10
20 lb x8/8
25 lb x8/8 x 3 sets

Put a fork in me I'm done! My tri's starting cooking early, I guess they were still a bit on the tender side after Thursdays light and fast one arm cast work. Light work can make me every bit as sore, or more, than heavy training.


Mission accomplished. let the weekend officially begin!

datsit:))

No comments:

Thursday Ruck

 Decent one.  Legs feeling heavy and tired but lungs and head good 45 lbs 6 laps 3 miles 60 min 175.2