Tuesday, December 07, 2010

The New Floor Pt 2

As I wrote last week, I want the 28 kg to be the new floor in my press routine. I feel like I can press the 24 kg for as many reps as I want to now. It feels light, like the 16 kg. The 28 doesn't feel "light" as it should, yet, but it now feels like the 24 kg used to and that is good.It's all mindset anyway.The lighter I feel it is the easier it is to get tight and set; and expect the press to fly.

I got over the DOMS from Saturdays snatch workout and slight change of technique( which always activates new muscle patterns and hence soreness) yesterday and felt ready to go this am.

Stretched out from 6-7 am as Tracy taught her class.focused on getting my hams open and overhead stretches in both front lunge and horse stance postures.These are really coming along. As usual , downward and up dogs,brettzels two ways, straddle stretches and foam roller work as well as stick shrugs and behind the back stick stretches..

8:30 KB Mil Press

one arm swing warmup
16 kg x 5/5/5/5 x 2
one arm clean
16 lg x5/5 x3

Mil Press Ladders
16 kg x5/5
20 kg x3/3 x2
24 kg x3/3
24 kg x1/1

28 kg x 1/1
x2/2
x3/3
x4/4
x5/5 pr!
x1/1
x2/2
x3/3

the last set of five

Perfect. I OWNED this weight today. Just as it should be.So great to train with my Queen as she did rep after rep with the 16 kg, So proud of her! This last set of five for me was not hard at all.

Two Hand Clubbell swipes
15 kg x 10/10
20 lbs x10/10
25 lbs x10/10 x 3 sets

these were great, a nice combination of mid line swing technique and the overhead cast. Tracy did them for the first time with the tens and rocked them .I love training with just her and I every Tuesday :))

here's some video



just 55 minutes

datsit:))

2 comments:

guy said...

Allright Sir! Cheers on the PR!

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks man, it's always a good sign when pr's are easy!

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...