Thursday, December 23, 2010

Snatch day two.


Today was the crossover workout as I'm switching Thursdays to snatches and Saturday's main day as swings. I didn't want to use the 24 again today so I went down to the 20 kg and banged out a quick 150 reps with Nick, who had the day off .

I also got an early start due to client vacation/ cancellations so it was sweet to start the workout at 12 noon instead of just leaving Girya for the drive home at that time. A ten minute hot bath passive warmup and into the slowly transforming garage for some basic work on snatch and my new technique.

Snatch
16 kg x 5/5 x 3
20 kg x5/5 x11 sets
x10/10 x 2 sets
150 snatches
6600 lbs

was actually on my way to 200 but decided to not push things at all and called it a day. Stretchout afterwards and that was that. Very easy but that was the point.Next step off a peak and all that....

Saturday more 28 kg swing volume and clubbell work for Christmas!

hey someone should tell the guy in the above picture no one stretches anymore. It's OUT!

datsit:))


1 comment:

Boris T said...

No one stretches anyone? I didn't get that memo... So what's in now?

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...