Thursday, December 30, 2010

Snatch day


Haven't settled in yet at all to training the snatch on Wednesdays. I know I will but it's not there yet. Recovered well from Tuesdays long cycle high reps but wasn't feeling too peppy when I got back home to Stones gym after 7 clients in a row.

Plus I freeze my butt off all day as I have to keep the studio cool enough to accommodate my clients increased body temp from all the swings and snatches but it makes me feel like my body is made of petrified wood by the end of the day. I stretch and move but it doesn't help much.

So it's my ten minute passive warmup hot bath and then out to the gym

I wanted to go with 24 kg snatches but all I have now at the Rifstonian Institute( aka StonesGym) is a comp bell and while it works well for my swings I do not like it at all for Hardstyle snatches. the bell handle is too far from the bell's center of mass and this makes my already long stroke even longer.
Too long. Plus my body was telling me I wasn't that strong today and to back off.

I listened. The 20 kg DD bell felt great and I cranked out 150 reps in short order.

Snatch ladders

16 kg x5/5 x3
20 kg x5/5
24 kg x5/5 x2

20 kg x5/5
x6/6
x7/7
x8/8
x9/9
x10/10
x5/5 x 5 sets mvo2 style

150 reps
6600 lbs

the last five sets were done with very short rests between sets and a maX VO2 pace. I considered actually doing max vo2 which I think I am almost ready to bring back into the mix. but not yet. I have to build back up to 200 plus reps with the 24 kg before I start alternating these workouts with Mvo2 days.

datsit:))

No comments:

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...