Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snatches at Stones and a new toy is coming.


Whew, barely got to this today but as I said on my facebook post, you've got to lead from the front and figure out a way to get your training in if you are going to expect your students and clients to do the same.

Long day at work and kinda have my foot on the brake a bit this week with a recert this weekend and some annoying tweaks earlier t. But it got done today although I wished I had done more. Another factor in these afternoon workouts is that they are done in a fasted state. Except for a handfull of almond and 2 oz of string cheese at 10 am I don't eat until I'm done training and with volume work this is tough.

Staying messing with the schedule but it looks like Tues will stay clean and press with one arm shield cast work and bodyblade laterals for shoulder mobility and stabilization.

Wednesday will be snatches after all,even if they have to be 16 kg max vo2 or 20 kg work as it's the shortest of the volume workouts after clean press and it's good to snatch after the press day for shoulder stabilization. The workout wont be more than 250 reps at the top( some day again,lol!)

Saturday will be one arm swings, heavy and for volume followed up by two hand arm casts as I just ordered my 35 lb clubbell today! This thing will be a monster and Saturday will be a good day to play with it as I have my Queen to impress and the energy of my training partner Nick.

Saturdays will be back to basics : heavy one arm swings and a simple but brutal upper body move. 'Bell Mass- both kettle and club. Good times.

Snatches at Stones

one arm swing warmup: 16 kg x 5/5/5/5 x 3

20 kg snatches 5 sets of 5/5 with pause at top of each reps
24 kg snatches 5 sets of 5/5 with pauses as well.

100 reps.

Not much but given the context it was a victory. Plenty of stretching all day as well. Gait continues to work as well as it has in almost 20 years and my whole world view about walking has changed. still holding my breath a bit but am very hopeful.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Have fun with the Bruiser Jr.! I need a set of those myself along with another Bruiser.

Mark Reifkind said...

Todd

I know this thing is going to be a monster!choke up early,lol.wish I needed a set for double work, two hand work on one is enough for me.

Unknown said...

Mark,

The doubles are for Shoulder Park Sqauts.

I am on Shane Heins' Clubbell Mass Evolution, and the GVT with the Bruiser is way enough for me. But having another on bruiser setting there would make me wanted to use both. Instant motivation! I am waiting to hear about how the Jr. treated you.

Mark Reifkind said...

todd

I'll let you know when it comes, it's en route.

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...