Thursday, March 03, 2011

Snatches and swipes

Had a cancellation at 8 this morning so I got to train first thing again. What a present. Went in early and also got a full hour stretchout which always makes me feel much better all day than if I don't. Tuesday's little press marathon didn't rock me at all but my shoulders were tighter than usual and stretched out reluctantly.

8 am warmup
one arm swings 16 kg x5/5/5/5

Snatch
16 kg x5/5 x2

20 kg x5/5
x7/7
x 10/10
x 12/12
x13/13
x10/10
x 8/8
x6/6
142 reps
6248 lbs


these felt easy but my snatch form is not optimal. I still feel it relies too much on my back strength and while it works I don't like how it feels or looks. I have to play with it more.

CB Rockits
10's x 20 x 2
15 x 15
20's x12 x 2

CB swipes
10's x 20
x 30
x25
x 20

95 reps
these are starting to feel like the old days. I have a lot of potential with this movement for both strength and endurance; and in keeping with my new philosophy of exploiting my strengths as well as strengthening my weaknesses I will work it hard.

day off tomorrow and then two hand swings and some more snatches on Saturday.

datsit.

2 comments:

guy said...

Great work Boss! 54 years old and the "Riff" takes a knockin, and keeps right on rockin! I still get inspired reading about the comeback that you have made phsically over the last 7-8 years. Thankyou Sir.

Mark Reifkind said...

Guy

thank you so much for your continued support and enthusiasm,it means more than you know :))

One thing about me; I don't have much 'quit' in me.Patience pays off, it's only the beginning :))

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...