Thursday, June 16, 2011

Back to Max

Teaching the snatch in Hungary. We're back there in 8 weeks!


So much for early Thursday training. High demand for my training services( very high quality problem) made me realize I can't sacrifice any more of my work schedule to my personal training. I train with Tracy in an 8:30 am slot that I could fill but won't because I love to train with my Queen and that's the only time it works for both of us.

But I can't turn down clients as I only work from 6 am - 1pm. I know, tough life. So back to the garage at 2 pm for some max vo2 training. It is as I have been praying for WARM, dare I say it HOT and the garage was toasty.The biggest challenge for me doing Mvo2 snatch training is the sweat factor.

Trying to stay dry and still make it in 15 second becomes seriously frustrating in the hot months.So I decided since I am not in great met con shape anyway to go ahead and do snatch vo2 training but do it freestyle. As fast as I could but by feel, letting the workout wave up and down in rest time lengths and making sure to keep the bell and my arms dry.

It's no joke; sweaty bells tear up your hands and seriously jack up your grip. My shoulders never appreciate that.

Snatch VO2
16 kg
45 sets of7
315 reps
11,340 lbs
31 minutes

If I were doing strict 15:15 that 45 sets would have taken me 22.5 minutes. I was 9 minutes late so I was doing 20:20 instead of 15: 15. Not bad for instinctive training. I always start slow and speed up at the end. I'm a negative split racer and a kicker; this way of doing max might end up being my preferred way.

My main though was that I wanted to do as much volume as I could and in as fast as time as possible. Not just how many I could do with the 15 sec time interval. I had set my sights on 50 sets but bell speed went down mid 40's and I haven't done near this volume the last few weeks so I went cautious.

I needed this cardio work. I've been going very heavy for medium volume but it felt really good to sweat so well and not be pissed it was messing up my workout.Sweat is good. That's the only thing I miss about Bikrams except getting to do my practice right next to Tracy :))

Handstands
10 sets of 5-10 second sets

these were surprisingly strong and easy. Nice.

Datsit.Sisu

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...