Thursday, July 21, 2011

One bell.

As a minimalist by nature and choice I've often thought about how interesting it would be to train if I only had ONE kettlebell to use. How would I train, which exercises would I choose, how would I warmup, progress,intensify the workout?

And, which kettlebell would be the One?

Just a seconds thought and of course it would be the 24 kg. The man's training weight. So because I went so heavy last week with my beast swings I thought it would be a good choice to step down the peak and just use the 24 kg for all my two hand swing work today. Turned out to be a good choice

9 am
two hand swings
24 kg x 10
x 12
x14
x 16
x 18
x 20
x 20
x18
x16
x 14
x 12
x10

180 reps done in pretty quick fashion.

So nice to be able to do these but I still hate reps:))

two hand high pulls
24 kg
10 sets of 10


I've been thinking about trying these ever since I realized I could do the two hand swing again. just like it's one arm cousin, the two hand swing's arc is much closer to the body and is much more powerful for me as it also lets me use the upper back to pull the bell in after the hips set it in motion.

Being able to do almost 300 two hand reps with a 24 and with no pain tell me proof positive all this work I've done on becoming square, plumb and neutral has paid off. Nice.

Two Clubbell swipes
2 10's x 10
x 15
x20
x25
x30

100 reps. these felt good after a long layoff from them. even more two handed bilateral work. Lets see how I feel tomorrow,lol

datsit.Sisu

3 comments:

Frankie said...

I love the blog header. Its like a bible verse. Hope its on the wall and framed. If you guys are ever in Santa Barbara I have a place for you to train.
Frankie Mecono RKC II

Mark Reifkind said...

Frankie,

thanks for that man, that's quite the compliment and no, it's not on the wall and framed but it should be. and will be.

we get to santa barbara as often as possible as we have great friends down there in Jen and Greg Miskin.Next time we are in town( can't be too soon for us) we will contact you.
Rif

Frankie said...

Sounds Good, Doug Nepodal is in once in a while. We take care of some motocross guys together.

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...