Thursday, September 01, 2011

44 kg Power swings


Today was a tough one. Seven clients in a row and no Tracy teaching her class during my training time to spur me on. It's always tougher to train by oneself;especially at the end of a long workday but that is truly what separates those who have and will continue to make progress in their practice and those who won't. You HAVE to be able to train by yourself because even if you have great training partners now, there will be a time when you won't

Or they won't show up.The key to getting these workouts done is not asking yourself how you feel or if you feel like training, or whether this will be a good workout or not. You will never know until you are knee deep into it, training partners or not and it doesn't matter.

All that matters is that the workout is on the schedule and it's time to saddle up and do your best for that day. That's all we can ever do anyway so don't even think about it; Just Do It( props to Nike for that one)

Didn't have enough time this AM for a stretchout so eeked it out during the work day which is better than nothing but not really good either. I'll have to finish it up tonite.

Power swings
24 kg x10
28 kg x7
32 kg x7
36 kg x5
40 kg x 5

44 kg x5x5

these were hard but good. Just what I needed for a tough day: heavy weight and low reps. Something to make me concentrate but didn't depend on energy and endurance I had already spent.

I really love this movement and it's a great fallback position when I'm fatigued because it's so safe as well.Hard but safe.

Pistols

five sets of 4 each leg, alternated with the power swings after I got to the 46 kg. My left knee was stiff than last week and I think it's because I didn't really get the quad opened up this morning. It was by the end.

Handstand holds and partial pushups

back to using the double straight leg position against the wall and these very very light and strong. the pushups were good but my left shoulders started moving around too much when I desended lower than a 1/4 pushup so I stopped there.

Five total sets here.

Datsit , quick and dirty. about 35 minutes

Sisu

7 comments:

jockeRKC said...

Thats SISU Sir =)

Juci SFG said...

Yeah, that's SISU :)

How come you own a 46 kg bell?
I didn't know there are 46 kg bells. Fascinating.

Mark Reifkind said...

joakim

yes Sir, that IS SISU.

Mark Reifkind said...

Judit

my 46 kg is a very old "off" brand. I thought DD did make a 46 kg bell but I don't see it pon the site now. odd.

Mark Reifkind said...

Judit

my mistake, my bell is 44 kg not 46. ack. dd does make a 44 kg bell.

Roland Denzel said...

We're gonna need a bigger bell...

Mark Reifkind said...

I still have the Beast to move up to next week:))

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...