Thursday, October 06, 2011

Light clubs and handstands

Tuesday's snatch workout kicked my butt a bit and for some reason sleep has been poor the last two days so today's late afternoon clubbell training had to be light and short. Last weeks two clubbell swing a thon had my right SI a bit tight so I figured I would give one arm clubs a go today.
Good time to experiment as I knew volume would be low.

Haven't done one arm swipes in forever so it would be interesting.

1 pm
One arm swipes
10 lbs x10/10 x 2
15 lbs x8/8x2
20 lbs x 5/5
x 10/10
x 8/8

this was good! the movement felt very natural and smooth to me, just as the one arm kb work does as compared to two hand or two kb versions. I guess it's my imbalances helping me out :))
I have never done 20 lb swipes before and they were solid.
The back swing was even shorter and more efficient than the two club version. But, we'll see how everything feels in the AM>

One arm Torch swings

10 lbs x 5/5
15 lb x5/5
20 lb x 5/5 x2

this was pretty amazing as the ROM was so much better and the move so much easier than the last time I did them. Of course the last time I tried I still wasn't able to do kb military presses or really anything overhead but snatch holds for time.

Handstands/wall/ free
ten sets again and this is getting to the point where I believe my HS might actually be back. Pretty soon start adding in stack ups to free hands in the mix and take the volume up a bit. each HS was held for at least 5 seconds free and many much longer.

Black mini band extensions, narrow hand space
30,25,
18, 10

lol, triceps death, they fall off fast. serious pump too; which I have missed.Love to feel like I have some triceps mass again. My favorite muscle in the arm.

Black dyna band reverse grip pushdowns
3 sets of 10.8, 8

finishing touch.

datsit.quick and dirty. but it got did.

Sisu

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good blog. My friends like network game, the following is they recommended:
wow gold RS Gold Tera gold
Tera onlineInterested can try.

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...