Thursday, December 29, 2011

Deadlifts and one arm swipes



Master Instructor Geoff Neupert dropped by Stones for a visit and a workout today and it was great to talk to him and throw around some ( relatively for me at least) heavy iron. Geoff did pull some real weight but I still got a recent pr.Just like the old days.

One arm KB Deadlifts
24 kg x3/3
28 kg x3/3
32 kg x3/3
36 kg x3/3


Barbell Deadlifts
135 x 3x2
155 x3
175 x 2
205 x 2 ( nice jump there :))
220 x 2 ( the above video)
225 x 2 pr

These were very strong and easy  and no doubt having a seriously strong, real deal guy there watching me pull helped, as it always did. Nice to be able to push it a bit and not get stung. Strong feels good. Definitely upped the volume a bit as I turned doubles into triples and did more top end sets as well. Making haste slowly.

One arm swipes
10 lbs x 10/10
15 lbs x10/10 x 4 sets
15 lbs x 20/20

stupidly forgot the second cb at Girya and had to do singles. Definitely easier but it was fine.

Spider walks

Ala Tim Anderson and his Bulletproof system. Geoff showed me these and I love them! Wasn't quite sure how to do them before, or even if I could do them but I could and it was cool. Definitely a way to work my gait pattern basically OUT of gravity. Nice. As Geoff said, developmentally, we crawl before we walk and walk before we run so working the crawl pattern hard makes sense.Especially for me as I try to regain the basic walking and running gait patterns

About five laps of 50 feet. This has serious potential for me.

datsit.Sisu

1 comment:

Boris T said...

The video looks solid. A PR is a PR and congrats on that!

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...