Monday, December 05, 2011

"Everything works but nothing works forever"

I first heard this from Louie Simmons and it's as true now as when I read it 15 years ago. I applied it to my snatch vo2 workout today as my left bicep tendon woke up cranky and even though I knew the snatches would help getting started was slow as I had very early clients and not great stretchout time before the workout

Internally rotating the arm and or loading it in flexion( which is what happens when my arms crosses midline in a swing, because of my arm carry and arm length) is what irritates it so instead of using over the top hardstyle technique I decided to try a modified corkscrew descent and found it worked very well to keep the shoulder in the socket and the bell closer to me, mitigating forces .

Any port in a storm

Snatch Vo2
16 kg
15;15

6 sets of 5 ( 30)
6 sets of 6 ( 36)
6 sets of 7 ( 42)
6 sets of 5( 30
6 sets of 6( 36)
6 set of 7( 42)
14 sets of 7(98)

50 total sets
314 reps
11304 lbs

surprisingly strong and easy. If my shoulder wasn't wonky I would be killing this now. But this is definitely in the right direction.I took ALL of the 15 second whether or not it involved holding the overhead position in the fives and sixes. the corkscrew is slower for me so the sevens took the whole 15 seconds

Two hand CB arm casts
20lbs x 10 /10
25 lbs x8/8
35 lbs x5/5 x 3 sets

Two hand shield casts
20 lbs x 10/10 x 3 sets

these went well and I needed to put that crusier bell up again. been too long. didn't feel that heavy which is very good.

Bodyblade laterals
3 sets of 10/10

just pre hab

Floor handstands

5 sets of 6-8 seconds holds/ start against wall

these were tougher than expected and my shoulders were cooked.


triceps extensions black band
40, 30 15

datsit.Sisu


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep! In my experience, everything works for about 6 weeks.

Peace~Barney

IronBearFitness

Mark Reifkind said...

Barney you are exactly right! at the most.

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...