Saturday, February 04, 2012

Heavy Snatch day



Heavy not in a heavy weight but as in everything felt heavy today :))
Still feeling the effects of Thursdays deadlift/swipe workout. It would be ideal to do that one on Wednesday but I'm not sure I would be recovered from Tuesdays snatches either. Ack. Doesn't help that I'm only weighing 71 kg ( 157). I don't mind being this light but it doesn't help my strength.

Perhaps I can DL AFTER snatches on Saturday and do heavy swings on Tuesdays after light snatches? Have to think this out more and organize it better. The Deads aren't heavy per se but they are hard enough to take just that little bit out of my lower back that I need for 24 kg snatches and heavy one arms.

Also dropping my snatch volume to just 100 reps as if I push those too hard I don't have enough left for heavy one arms, which i also want to include. High quality problems though. Last week it hurt turning over in bed and I was freaked out about that, not about whether to do 100 or 200 snatches.

what about



Saturday:

24 kg Snatches
Barbell Deads
Handstands
Triceps


Tuesday
Heavy one arm swings
Two hand CBs
Handstands
Bodyblade laterals


Thursdays
16 kg snatches ( light volume)
Swipes
Rack Walks
Pushdowns/Handstands


that might actually work :))



7:30-8 am stretchout

still being lazy about this. Gotta get this back more seriously.

8-9:15
One arm swing warmup
16 kg x 5/5/5/5 x 3

Snatches
16 kg x5/5 x2
20 kg x 5/5


24 kg x5/5
          x6/6
          x7/7
          x8/8
          x9/9
          x10/10
          x 5/5
100 reps
5300 lbs

The goal for now is to get this to 5 sets of 10/10 reps. That way I will be in spitting range of the snatch test in terms of load and just have to decrease the time if someone holds a gun to my head and I have to take it again :))

One arm swings
28 kg  x5/5
           x6/6
           x 7/7
           x 8/8
           x9/9
           x10/10
90 reps
5670 lbs

hate the 28 kg I have at home, the grip is slippery and is always a bear to hold onto. But it works the hands well. Thank goodness those double overgrip deads didn't pre fatigue them:))

Left knee and hips have been wonky all week and I have to get my ass on the floor for longer times and get things squared away. I will. Have to. The move is over and time to settle in.


Floor Handstands and Triceps Extensions
superset
5 sets of 10 seconds ( one tap off wall) and 5 x 20 black band.


good combo. these felt solid. Finally warming up :)) a balmy 40 degrees again at Stones.


Datsit.
Sisu/ Never Quit








2 comments:

Tracy Reifkind said...

Did I really need to read that you only weigh 157lb? Eat something! And a lot of it!

Mark Reifkind said...

sorry honey, I knew you wouldn't like it. I'm trying :))

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...