Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Long cycle clean and press, a day early



Had to get it done a day early today as there is just no good time to train tomorrow. I was seriously wiped for a few hours after yesterdays CNS snatch assault but felt fine this morning. Plus I was hoping to skip ahead and miss the DOMS that I knew was coming :))

5:30-6 am
 decent stretchout left calf is a but tight and don't have time to get it all out before work

1 pm
One bell clean and push press
12 kg x 5/5
16 kg x 5/5 x2
20 kg x 5/5/

no go, the form felt fine, very strong position now but the left shoulder wasn't stable on the first dip, which was the point of trying this style, maybe skip over the unstable aspect but it was a non starter.


two bell long cycle clean and push press
2 16kg x 5
2 20kg x 3 (clunks :((


Two bell long cycle clean and press
2 16kg x 5
2 20 kg x 5 x 5 sets

these felt good with no clunks and pretty stable. couldn't decide on head/eye position though. both straight ahead and looking up at the bells felt good. I think eyes on the horizon will help my lack of overhead mobility more than looking up; although the lookup position makes it more like an 'incline' press and I don't need as much overhead mobility.
Have to experiment more.

two bell swings
2 16's x 8 x 2 sets

never liked these. I have to go too wide and feel awkward with no good power spot or leverage. Just playing around

One KB Row
24 kg x 8/8 x 4 sets

these were surprisingly hard! short rests too. I go you go.

Floor KB extensions
16 kg x 10 x 5 sets


triceps were very tired from everything yesterday and today but this exercise continues to work

30 Deg DB lateral
12 lbs x 3 x 10/10


I need to do something for the supraspinitus and this seems like a good one if I'm too lazy to bring the bodyblade home. no shoulder irritation either.

datsit.
Sisu/NeverQuit


No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...