Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Snatch Vo2 40 sets of 7/ 7 sets of 8



This was tough. Good  but tough. The extra sets of 8 really got my HR into the 175+ zone and I haven't been there in awhile. It's where I need to be to really get my cardio up but I still have plenty of base line work to do to be able to get there safely with more 8's.

Either way you cut it it was a solid workout; my groove was there, the body held( even the shoulder stayed where it should) and I wasn't really hurting that much, til AFTER the workout when I went in the house, layed down on the mats to stretch and just LAYED there for 15 minutes, my CNS too beat for me to move,lol.

Moving fast is tough on the CNS, combined with short rest intervals and it's murder.But nothing gets me in shape faster so it's time to suffer on :))

Snatch Vo2
one arm swings 16 kg x 5/5/5 x 2
15:15
16 kg
40 sets of 7 280
  7 sets of 8 56
336 reps
12,096 lbs ( most workload lately)

This is always just hard, even when you are in shape for it. Just stand and deliver for 20-40 minutes straight, sprinting those reps as hard and fast as you can, working every inch of every rep.Power and speed personified. This is my favorite and most hated workout at the same time.

I love to have done it.:))
But it's just hell doing it and if you're not dying, out of breath, you're not doing it right and I know that.
Sometimes though, it's just hard to kill yourself again and again by your own free will and volition. Even for the greater good( strength).

But it doesn't kill you, Just makes you stronger.

And it's the same each time.

two hand swipes 
25 lb cb  10/10 ( left shoulder didn't like)


two cb swipes
15 lbs x 12 x 3 sets


one db french press
15 lb x 10/10
20 lbs x 6/6 x 3

done. tomorrow is long cycle clean and press. can't train thursday, have  dentist appt. so it's one day early. got to prepare:))

datsit.
Sisu/NeverQuit





No comments:

Thursday ruck

 Another decently strong one. Cool weather again and that helps.. Calves were tight, the only thing slowing me down 45 lb ruck 6 laps 3 mile...