Wednesday, June 20, 2012

24 kg presses, singles and doubles.



Actually got the workout in today, just one day after snatch vo2, as planned. I do think hitting it today versus letting the DOMS fully set in tomorrow is a better idea, all around. Not as sore as I will be and it loosens me up more for tomorrow and friday.

Still playing with technique of really shifting the hip under the bell as I press it but today experimented with actually stepping forward a bit, like Pavel has it stance in this pic from the cover of ETK

It worked extremely well and I easy got  6 sets of presses with almost no shoulder instability. Even a solid set of 4 reps which I could have done five. My right arm feels like I could press with it all day. Don't want to test it. It's my only good side now :))

one arm swing warmup: 16 kg x 5/5 x 3( tops of forearms surprisingly sore from yesterday)

Mil Press
16 kg x 3/3
20 kg x 3/3
24 kg x 2/2 x3 sets
         x 3/3 x 2 sets
         x 4//4 x 1 sets

No problem! It will take even more getting used to but there is definitely a groove where the shoulder is very happy. Not a wide groove but it exists! That's all I need; one path. It's enough. I also have to really engage the lat to make everything stable. It's got to be JUST right but it's there.

Double kb press
2 16s x 3
2 20s x 3
2 24s x 3 x 4 sets

I guess we were in the mood to press today.On this I tried to do the same basic thing with my pelvis; really push it forward by tightening glutes to create a platform( Glenn) for my elbows to stay under( kind of a bastard of Hardstyle and GS positions)


I can see in the video that my left elbow flares out much sooner than my right so I have to fight that even more. I also have to keep the bells in even closer. the lockout position reminds me of my handstand

One KB row
32 kg x 5/5 x 4 sets

Man this was heavy! Need to recycle this now.

Floor kb extensions
16 kg x 10 x 4 sets

Glenn used the 24 kg but my arms were shot. this was the perfect weight.

at least I am going in the right direction with my presses, they, and the shoulder stability is getting better, not worse which is all I care about: direction, not speed of improvement.

datsit.
Sisu

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...