Wednesday, June 27, 2012

24kg Long Cycle Clean and Press : fives.



I almost don't want to write this down in fear of jinxing it but I think my left side press is back AND my right side hasn't disappeared either! It could be a first.The left shoulder has been staying in place,mostly, through the night and the day  even after yesterday's snatching it was ready to go for presses today.
Although I was seriously beat
Seven clients back to back and the fatigue from yesterday starting to creep in I was just not that strong today but I got through the whole workout with NO CLUNKS AND I got fives on the left side press for the first time in months. Nice.
I thought that long cycle might make it better and it seemed to. I didn't pause between the clean and the press as I wanted to see how it would work at all first and then make it more strict.

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5/5 x 3


Long cycle C /P
16 kg x 5/5
         x 3/3
20 kg x 4/4
24 kg x3/3
         x 4/4
         x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5 x 2!!!!

yes!  it was SO much FUN to do these again.and the groove felt right and very strong.

two kb rows
16 kg x 10 x 4 sets

these were harder than they should have been. I had thoughts of double 20 kgs but this was more than enough for day one.

Floor kb ext
20kg x 8 x 4 sets

ok, stick a fork in me, I'm done. FOOD.

datsit.
Sisu


3 comments:

Roland Denzel said...

Nice work, Mark!

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Roland I wasn't sure this was going to come back this time but I got it!

Diana said...

Looks great Mark! Love the use of the "radiating" strength from the clinched fist on opposite arm!
Is that some new "ink" on the left arm?

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...