Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Snatch VO2 35x7 11 x8



Not a bad workout at all. Came in pretty solid from the weekend and got a full hour stretchout at 6 am today. Back on track with my flexibility and mobility work and things are better because of it right away.

"Get on the Ground!" is my new motto, as it has been before and must be again. Get off the ball and the chair and get on the floor. Anything I do on the floor is good for me,even just sitting. Being full time in the VFF is really paying off everyday in so many ways; from foot and toe mobility and strength to better ankle mobility and mechanics and working it's way upstream to my knee, hip, back and, most important Gait.

I am walking much better as my feet and ankles work better and it's SO nice to feel like I don't have to think about every freakin step I take every day.Some  moments it's actually pain free and easy, lol.

What a concept.

We had 45 sets on the menu today and I wanted  10 sets of 8 if my shoulder and form held together.

It did. But I still can't count for shit.Even with a mechanical counter :))

Snatch Vo2
16 kg 
I go you go with Glenn
35 sets of 7 ( 245)
11 sets of 8 (88)
46 sets
333 sets

I SO like going I go you go as opposed to on that stinking clock.this is more natural and it allows me to go at the right pace for my form. I might get back to the gymboss but maybe not. I know we are a few seconds off on pace but I also know that I snatch at 8 reps per 15 sec even when I'm doing sevens and tend to hold the last rep a bit.

You also have to count pick up and set down time for the kb too. The main thing is being able to fit the actual 8 reps into the 15 sec window

But we miscounted and its 46 sets on the video so that's icing on the cake,lol. Technique held pretty well although it took me 10 sets or so to remember to really reach for the ground to lock out the elbow on the left arm. Once I did that the shoulder felt way more stable and then it was just about trying to breathe :))

Hip belt squats
24 kg x 12
32 kg x12 x 4 sets

THESE ROCK! It feels great to be able to squat with weight again and this is excellent. I am in the mirror so I can make sure I am square and using the left side equally. I can use the rack for balance and really concentrate on going as low as I can.

I also think part of the reason my legs feel better lately is stronger quads to balance out all the hamstring work I get with snatches and swings.


Floor Handstands
4 sets of 10 seconds

these were on and easy today. Hey consistent practice makes you better . Who'd of thunk that?

Military presses tomorrow. :))

datsit.
Sisu

1 comment:

Mike C said...

Love it!!! Dang I miss VWC. It's been a while for me. I'm being inspired to do some overspeed eccentric snatches for sure.

Love the music in the background too.

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...