Saturday, June 30, 2012

These are the workouts that count.

The ones you DON'T want to do. I was feeling pretty beat up the last two day; nothing serious just the result of a lot of good training and a lot of hours at work. I thought I might sidestep the DOMS by training the day after Snatch VO2 but it didn't seem to work this week.

I think the increased volume of adding long cycle to the presses  was part of it.Again, not injured but fatigued. Slept well, ate well stretched out early and was mentally ready but things felt 'off' and I have learned, the VERY hard way, to listen to that voice.

My back was especially wonky, for the first time in forever after the two kb bent rows in addition to everything else. A bit antalgic so worked hard on psoas, opening the front panel and rectus on right side. Melt that fuzz, lol.

Neck, shoulders and traps were super tight too so lots of lacrosse ball work as well as laying across the rumble roller on cervicals.

Warmups felt heavy:))

16 kg x 5/5/5 x 3


Snatches
16 kg x5/5
         x 3/3
20 kg x 5/5 x 2
24 kg x 5/5/ x 8 sets
80 reps
4240 lbs



I really didn't know if I would even snatch the 24 today,things felt so off at the start. It just took me a bit to warmup and then I actually felt VERY strong. So strange to feel tired and strong at the same. I knew I didn't want to do too many reps, the last two weeks have both been recent pr's in volume and I have to do 50 sets of Snatch Vo2 on Tuesday as well. Good choices
Nick decided to go heavy today and did two sets of 5/5 with the 40kg
No problem when what is "heavy" to you starts at 500 lbs :)) 88 is just another weight.



Power Swings


These seemed like a good idea given my overall fatigue but I didn't think I would do a PR on it today.

28 kg x5
32 kg x5
36 kg x 5
40 kg x 5
40 kg x 5 ( pr)

These felt better than ever and I am so very happy I get to train this wonderful movement finally. Such a feeling of strength,stability and power all in one so basic exercise!

Capt America Arm Casts
25 CB x 10
35 x 10 x 2 sets

this felt hard, lol and probably should have stayed with the 25 lber but Nick and Glenn were killing it so my ego got the best of me. Not that bad, really.

Now to rest up and get ready for Tuesdays 50 sets.

datsit.
Sisu

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All of us are totally aware of the reality that when a auto loses its warranty, its repair bills might be crippling to a family's monthly budget to original autoboss v30 . So, in case you are reasonably skilled together with your hands, or tend not to mind taking the time to understand, an OBD2 scanner can be a massive income saver and greatly extend the life of a car.

Thursday ruck

 Another decently strong one. Cool weather again and that helps.. Calves were tight, the only thing slowing me down 45 lb ruck 6 laps 3 mile...